nos.Onions -4 nos.
Tomato - 2 nos.
Ginger garlic paste - 50 gms
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 3 tsp
Coriander leaves - 4 tsp.
Oil - 4 tbsp
Salt to taste. * Wash paya. Drain water and keep aside
* Cut onions and tomatoes into small pieces
* Wash coriander. Cut and keep aside
* Heat a 4-litre pressure cooker.
* Add oil and heat.
* Put onions, ginger garlic paste and fry well.
* Add finely cut tomatoes.
* Add turmeric, chili, dhania powder and salt.
* Allow the mixture to cook on low flame for 5-10 minutes.
* Transfer paya and coriander leaves. Cook for 5 minutes. Mix well.
* Pour water enough to cover the contents in the cooker.
* Continue to cook on low flame.
* Wait for 5-6 whistles and then switch off.
* Serve hot with idly, roti, iddiyappam, plain rice, dhal rice, fried rice, plain paratha.
Variation: Instead of cooking along mutton with other ingredients you can also pressure cook mutton separately along with salt, water and a spoon of red chilli powder until 8 whistles