Mutton - 250 gms (small pieces)
Onion - 4 nos.
Tomatoes - 2 nos.
Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
Chilli powder - 2 tsp
Coriander powder - 4 tsp.
Mint leaves - 1 bunch.
Oil - 150 grms.
Roasted gram - 2 tsp
Aniseed - 1 tsp
Cumin seed - 2 tsp
Black Pepper - 2 tsp * Cut onions, tomatoes
* Strip mint leaves. Wash, drain water and keep aside.
* Wash mutton. Drain water and keep aside.
* Make coarse powder of aniseed, cumin seed and black pepper.
* Separately powder roasted gram
* Use a pressure cooker. Add oil and heat
* Add onions and tomatoes.
* When it turns soft, add mutton pieces
* Stir-fry. Add chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
* Add a spoonful of salt and mint leaves too.
* Add enough water to cover contents.
* Wait for 3 whistles.
* Take a pan. Heat 3 tbsp oil.
* Add gravy and let it turn dry.
* When water is totally absorbed, add green chilli, powdered aniseed, cumin seeds and black pepper powder. Then add powdered chutney dhal.
* Mutton sukka is ready. Serve hot with sambar rice, rasam rice or nan and rotis.
Variation: You can also cook mutton separately and then mix to the gravy and proceed