Fish -250 gms.
Onion -3 nos.
Garlic - 3 pods.
Tomato -1 no
Tamarind - size of a small lemon
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Chilli powder -1 tsp
Green chilli -3 nos.
Coconut -3 pieces (medium size
Oil -150 gms.
Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
Salt to taste Cooking in gingely oil and adding a spoonful of fenugreek seeks after mustard seeds adds zing to your dish
* Grind garlic, coconut and tomato and set aside.
* Add water to tamarind pulp measuring 2 glasses.
* To this, add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and keep aside.
* Pour oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. Fry finely cut onion and green chilli pieces.
* Add tamarind water and then garlic, coconut and tomato masala.
* As it starts to boil, add fish.
* Do not cover. Let the contents cook on low flame.
* In 10 minutes fish kuzhumbu will be ready to serve.
* Check if it has reached the desired consistency